Thursday, June 12, 2008

Update on Allison

A lot of people have been asking me how Allison is doing so I'd thought I'd give a little update. Allison has improved a ton since her little stroke last week. Last Friday she was admitted to a rehabilitation center in Spokane to start physical therapy. They let her leave for 24 hours so she could make it to her high school graduation. I was sad we couldn't be there, but heard it was a very touching celebration. Since she's been in physical therapy, she's walking better and called me the other day to tell me that she lifted her hand to give my dad a high 5...it was weak, but she did it! She will be at the rehab place, pretty much until she's better...her goal was to be there only 2 weeks. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers!

2 comments:

Andi said...

So glad she got to go to her graduation. That would have been a bummer to miss. Hope she's doing well soon. Your new layout is really cute. Good job! Also good to hear about the Host. I've heard it's a harder one to get into so I haven't started it yet, but I'll get to it someday :)

The Allen Family said...

I'm so glad she is doing better and gave a high 5! That is a huge deal after a stroke!! I really like your new background, it's pretty darn cute!