Monday, June 2, 2008

Allison

My mom called me this morning and told me that they were rushing my sister, Allison to the hospital. She had gotten up this morning and was getting ready for school when she suddenly lost all movement on the left side of her body. Most of you know that Allison had brain cancer for about 7 years, but has been brain tumor free for awhile now. Apparently, this loss of movement was caused by a blood clot on the ride side of her brain, so basically, a stroke, which was most likely caused by all the radiation she had had. They have admitted her to the hospital in Spokane and will keep her there for a few days to do tests. At this point they are kind of just watching it to see what happens. They can't give her a lot of medications that they use for those who have strokes because of her history. They are doing a MRA tomorrow which will test the blood vessels in her brain and will also be meeting with a neurologist. If you could all pray for Allison that would be much appreciated. This was supposed to be her last week of high school and we hope she will be home to attend graduation on Friday.

5 comments:

Shambonies said...

oh my gosh that is terrible.. I hope she will be ok.. we will pray for her.. also sorry we didnt call on lexies bithday i remembered and rmemberberd and then i forgot but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I will call you tommorrow!!

Melanie said...

Oh, that's horrible, I'm so sorry! She's such a sweet girl and I can't believe how much she's been through already. We will keep her in our prayers.

Our Pratt Pack said...

Oh Michelle I am so sorry we will definitely keep you all in our prayers. Are you going to make it out there? If you need someone to take the kids you can always drop them off here all though we're pretty far away now and I guess there are people in DC that could do it but let us know if there's anything we can do.

Our Pratt Pack said...

And HAPPY LATE BDAY LEXI it's been crazy here with Kya's so we didn't get a call out!

Austyn said...

oh my GOSH! and there i was just babbling on about myself!!! how scary. we will pray for her. you guys have had more than enough of your share of crappy stuff happening. hope it all works out.

XOXO