Saturday, October 20, 2007

Pray for Mara



This is my little niece Mara, who's 5 years old. We just found out that she has an inoperable tumor on her brain stem, which is pretty much the worst place you could have it. They start radiation Monday or Tuesday. Seven years ago, we found out that my littlest sister had a brain tumor, and at that point, the doctors gave her only 4 months to live. She is fine now and in remission. In that regard, we saw first hand a miracle and know that the doctors are not always right, which gives us a little hope. If everyone could, say a prayer for sweet little Mara and my sister's family!



5 comments:

Melanie said...

Wow, Michelle. When you told me your sister was taking her to the doctor, I was really hoping it was going to be nothing. I'm so sorry that wasn't the case, and I can't imagine what they must be going through. We will most definitely keep Mara and your sister's family in our prayers!

Shambonies said...

did you know that the picture isnt working on there and you cant see it!! just leting you know!!! we well i have been praying for her!! miss ya.

Shambonies said...

that is much better!! oh my gosh she is just the cutest thing ever!! It makes me so sad.. ps you are the best wife ever too!!

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers to Mara and the family. If you desire, we developed a web site that for children with this type of diagnosis. It offers support, information and references other foundations. Please visit www.icouldbeyourchild.org and let us know if there is anything we can do.

Jim

Our Pratt Pack said...

She is absolutely adorable!! I hope the kids were good today, I can't sleep . The baby next to us has been screaming uncontrolably for the last few hours, of course Boston's sleeping through it but it sucks when you wake up and it's not even because of your kid. My cell works here so feel free to call me later today.