Thursday, February 7, 2008

My new baby

Last year I had an itch to take violin lessons after hearing a girl from church play. I've always loved the violin, but never really had the desire to learn...until now. When we were in Utah for Christmas there was another lady who played in church and hearing her play sparked my interest even more. So, I talked to some people (thanks Susan!) and found someone to teach me lessons, and I found another someone to sell me a violin. So, I've completed two lessons and let me just say it is really harder than it looks. At this point it's pretty much painful for me, and everyone else, to hear myself practice. Lexi always covers her ears when I start playing. But, its fun learning something new and hopefully one day I'll be able to play without sound too awful. Thanks Barry and Kristy!




6 comments:

Our Pratt Pack said...

Well I guess that makes you guys not taking the apartment next door a little easier to handle...I'm glad everything worked out with finding a violin, can't wait to hear you in sacrament!

smashley said...

that's really cool Michelle! You will have to make a CD and let us all listen to it! =0)

Melanie said...

Good for you! I'm impressed with your drive! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the violin! So beautiful! At least you already read music well, so you don't have that hurdle to jump. I'd be a huge mess .... "Is that a G?" I used to play around with my cousin's violin and play "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and it really is a lot harder than you would think, not only to remember where the notes are, but to get the tone right and not sound squeaky. I'm sure you'll pick it up quick!

jamie lynette said...

When Travis & I were dating we went with my Dad & Grandma to a fiddle festival. One of the performing groups was a family with like 7 kids and everyone played! The parents learned later in life once they realized all of their kids were going to be good. It looked like a lot of fun! You think Lexi, Jace & Tyson are willing to start learning as well???

I actually really admire your drive to do this. Good luck!

Shambonies said...

oooh she is a real beauty!! and i like the inside case color!! ps i havent sent your package yet!! love ya

Annelisa said...

So proud of you for taking the time! I LOVE the violin too, I was planning on making Brieanna take lessons next year but if not then maybe I will follow you and learn myself!