Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Move

When we moved out to New Hampshire for law school I swore I would NEVER make the drive across the country again. Well, I guess it's like child birth, you forget how bad it really is. Fortunately the kids did awesome and we had no car troubles! We did a crazy thing and spent two of the 3 nights in the car, which would have been fine, but we didn't really have that much room. The back was completely full. Tyson and I took the middle seat and the kids took the front seats. We've found out that Jace can sleep anywhere, under steering wheels, with his head resting on the seatbelt...no big deal.






We made it to Nauvoo the 2nd day...a much needed break. We stayed in a hotel, got a good night's rest and spent most of the day in Nauvoo, walking around.

This picture is on the steps at the Nauvoo temple



Isn't this the cutest picture? This at a little stop called Pioneer Pastimes in Nauvoo



After some time in Nauvoo, we headed to Carthage, which was about 20 min. away. Here's my hotty husband in front of the bullet hole that was shot through and had killed Hyrum Smith, the prophet's brother.


So, although we had a successful trip I will NEVER drive across the country again...I guess we'll see what happens in a couple years. I may forget haha.

3 comments:

Kaydee said...

I love the pic of Jace. haha what a cutie. Glad you guys had some good parts to your long drive. We miss you guys! By the way thanks for the mail. We got it today haha don't worry about the mix up it was pretty funny.

Becky said...

Dillon and I had a celebration when everyone else was driving across the country and we finally didn't have to! At least you are settled for a while now, I hope Tyson is enjoying his job and you guys are adjusting well!

Richard Adams said...

We laughed at your pictures! There is the difference between a Bair and an Adams, you settled for the back seat of the car while we had to find Marriotts along the whole trip! We have done the trip 4 times already, but I actually enjoy it!