Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Remembering...


I can't believe it's been a whole year since Mara's passing. I was reading in my journal about that week that she had passed away and I still remember most of the events that took place. But, one that I thought I'd share was after she had died, I was on my way over to Ephrata to get the kids from my mom's place, and as I was driving there was a curve in the road and as i took that corner there was a clearing in the trees. The whole time I had been driving, the sun had been shielded by all the tress, but as I approaced this clearing the sun was shining so bright and great big in the sky was this big beautiful rainbow. I had not seen the rain that preceded this glorious sight, but it was an amazing sight. at that moment, all alone driving in the car in silence, I felt Mara. It was a feeling of warmth, sadness, happiness, mourning, and many others that I can't even describe.

I could sit here and tell you all about that night she died, and the vivid memories in my head, but instead I will say that from the heartache that has taken place, it is so comforting to know that Mara is in a better place. She is happy and with a loving Father in Heaven. Her parents and siblings are amazing, and I as I continue to watch them, I see how this event has strengthened them and many of those around them. We love you guys and are thinking of you always, especially today.


We love and miss you Mara!




3 comments:

Melanie said...

What a doll. Thanks for inviting us over tonight to remember her! And much love to your sister and her family!

Anonymous said...

I loved that Michelle, especially the video. (What was the first song that you used?) We missed you yesterday but felt everyone with us as well. We love you and hope all is going well as you settle in to your new home.
Love you, Nadine

Kim said...

I love the video. Can I get a copy of it? WE LOVE YOU MARA!!!