Monday, May 26, 2008

Getting Out!

We've been in D.C. a little over a week now, and I've taken about 260 pictures! This past week has been great. While Tyson was getting situated with his new job, the kids and I got to go check out the sights...we barely scratched the surface. I get really nervous about doing things on my own for the first time, but on Tuesday the kids and I met up with Janalee Fish (a Franklin Pierce wife) at the Smithsonian. The kids and I had our first adventure on the metro...never done it before, all on our own! I was very proud of myself. Tuesday we went to the Museum of Natural History, the architectural garden and the Space and Air Museum. The kids had a great time and it was so fun to see such amazing things. On Thursday we went to the zoo (always a hit) and on Friday we went back to the architectural garden and the Museum of Natural History again (still haven't seen everything after 2 days of being there). Saturday we went and saw the Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, World War II Memorial, and the Vietnam Memorial...with Tyson! I've learned so much in one week...and there's so much more to see and do! It has been amazing!

7 comments:

Our Pratt Pack said...

Glad you got out and had some fun I can't believe all the people around I bet this weekend was crazy!

Melanie said...

Isn't DC amazing? We're actually here right now too with Mike's siblings and went to the zoo on Saturday! Fun times! There is SO SO SO much to do in DC, I don't know if it's possible to see it all in a lifetime.

Kaydee said...

Mich that is so awesome!!! We cant wait to come and see you guys!!! By the way your hair is so long i love it. And the picture of you and lexi is so cute. Lexi looks just like you!!!!

Austyn said...

wowzers! what fun times in our nations capital. is it true that most stuff is free? i took a picture of a kensignton sign for you in london- can you believe it is real? hahahahahahaa!!!!!!

ps you look so skinny.

pps- when can we visit yous?

xoxooxoxoxoxox

a

Kim said...

that picture of jace is adorable! All the pictures are cute but I really liked that one. That's why you're never on the computer anymore, cause you're always out doing fun stuff! Wish I could be there to do it with you!

mom said...

I'm so glad you are taking advantage of all the opportunities to go see things while you are there. I hope we can make it back there to see you this summer.
I love you.

Andi said...

How fun. I've only been there once and I know we didn't even get to scratch the surface. You'll have a blast there this summer with so much to do. I think the Holocaust museum is there too right? I've heard it's really good, but my parents thought I was too young when we went. If you go, you'll have to let me know what you think.