Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Helpy Helperton

So, the other day I was just having one of those days when nothing was going quite right for me. I had taken Jace to the doctor's...found out he's got double ear infections. So, we headed to WalMart to get his prescription filled and they told me it would be about an hour wait. We did some browsing, but I didn't really need to get anything because I had just been there the day before. I tried to stall, but how long can you just stall with two little kids in Walmart??? So we went back to see if the prescription was done and the girl at the counter said it would be about 5 more min. Perfect, good timing. She told me she would call my name when it was ready. We went and sat on the little bench and within about one minute both Lexi and Jace were pulling different medicines off the shelves, and began playing with one of the motorized carts next to us. like banging on the basket in the front, taking off the price tag, jumping on the seat, etc. I was able to distract Jace, but Lexi was not even about to listen to me. I grabbed her arm and pulled the Santa card, which backfired and only made her start crying really hard because, not only did I pull on her arm, but she really wanted Santa to bring her presents. All of you who know Lexi, know that she is a really mild mannered and actually a ver good listener, but when she gets in a bad mood, there is nothign you can do to stop her. Her crying made Jace starting crying (who obviously wasn't feeling good anyway)...which lasted a good 5 to 10 minutes. Still, the lady hadn't called my name yet. By that time I was getting a lot of stares, so I got up to see what the hold up was and she's all "oh, I'm sorry I forgot you were waiting." Really??? How could you forget with two crying children right here. Anyway, by the time we were done I had just had it and was in a terrible mood. We got in the car and the whole way home Lexi was poking Jace, they were both crying, anything I said just made things worse, but if I didn't say anything at all, it didn't help either. I was irritated and annoyed. When we got home I put Jace down for a nap and honestly, I just didn't really want to be around Lexi for a little bit, so I went in the bedroom and started checking my email and paying bills. A few minutes later I realized that Lexi had not come in to bother me and all I could hear was running water. I went out to check on her and this is what I found...

I asked "what are you doing?" and she said "I'm helping you mommy, I doing the dishes." Aw...it was the sweetest thing and I burst into tears. I felt so bad for being so upset with her. She noticed I was crying and said "why are you sad mommy? We just loved each other." We hugged eachother and I told her Santa would bring her presents again cause she did such a good deed. Now I know how well she does dishes too...look how nicely she stacked the bowls and everything. What a sweet girl I have!

9 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow, that is seriously the sweetest thing I have ever heard.

Anonymous said...

I love your title to this entry. what a sweet story. she is the cutest thing I've ever seen. i'm so glad you had a great "mom moment" and didn't let it pass by.
love you
Heather

Kaydee said...

What a sweet story...totally made me cry!!! Well the first part was pretty crazy sorry you had to go through all that but what a great way to end!! Can't wait to see you guys!!

Kim said...

That is so cute. I'm sorry to tell you Lex that you might be doing dishes a lot from now on because mom knows you can do them so well!

Rina said...

That is so sweet! I have definately had those moments where the kids are crazy and I just want to lock them away. Lexi is such a good girl! Maybe she can teach Bowen a thing or two about doing the dishes...

Halley said...

That is so adorable. You can tell she is headed in the right direction... she must have a good mommy teaching her good things.

Melanie said...

Ah, Lex! That made me tear up too! She is such a sweet little girl. I seriously can't even picture her being a stinker 'cause she's usually so congenial. No surprise that she turned the day around and did something wonderful in the end. What a sweetie!

Jan said...

Kids are such blessings! They really have that sense of giving and service. I love it when they remind me of how much they love me no matter what! Give her super hugs for that sweet surprise!!

Andi said...

I swear they know just when to turn it on! haha. So sweet. Those moments are needed when you're having a day like that. Hailey had a double ear infection last week too!! It must be that time of the year. See you soon! Yay