Tuesday, September 27, 2011

New Dresser

When we moved here we realized we didn't have as much closet space as we did in VA, so the hunt was on for some dressers. I scored one for the boys room at a garage sale, which looks pretty much brand new, for $25!. We also found this one below for $30. We figured with a little bit of work this thing could be a real beauty. I soon came to find out that I hate projects that take longer than a week...this seriouly took 3 months to actually finish. Took the pictures with my phone so they are not that great, but you get the idea.

This is with the first drawer all stripped and sanded




all the drawers stripped and sanded

The finished product. It was a good learning experience, but when its all said and done we could have gotten a brand new dresser from Ikea for almost the same price, it was so expensive getting all new pulls and knobs for this thing. oh well. Originally we were going to use this in Lexi's room, but after all that work I decided to keep it for myself :-) I think it turned out really good though!


1 comment:

Austyn said...

WOW! Very impressive! What a project. An ikea dresser wouldn't have nearly the same character and plus this will probably last longer right??