Sunday, October 5, 2008

Eternally Beautiful

I thought I would share a few memories I have of Mara:

*Mara was a little princess, the cutest thing you’d ever seen. She looked like a perfect little doll, all the time. She wore the cutest clothes and her hair was always so gorgeous. She grew it long enough to chop it and donate it to locks of love – just before getting sick.
*Her little voice was the sweetest sound and I remember trying to get her to say things, just so we could hear it.
*She was a very big helper. Last summer we came to visit and we had gone to the zoo one day. Mara rode with me on the way home. Jace was just a baby and didn’t like riding in the car very much, often resulting in screaming. It was such a nice car ride that day because every time Jace spit out his binky, Mara was there to put it back in. I thought it was so great to have a helper in the back seat. She not only put the binky back in, she gooed and gahed at him too.
*Mara was just a happy, smiley girl whom everyone loved.
*She was a very good colorer, very articulate, never going outside of the lines.
*When she was little I remember her little radish pig tails at Twin Lakes.
*Tyson and I were walking around the store with her one day. We wandered to the shoe section and found a cute little pair of sandals with butterflies on them...they were so cute on her, we had to buy them. On the way home, I remember talking to Tyson about how I wanted a sweet, cute, adorable child...like Mara.
*I was there the first time she water skiied with Grandpa Bair
*She loved to dance with the kids in their living room

I have many many memories of this sweet girl. She has touched my life and many others. It is so fitting that her name means "eternally beautiful." Here are some cute pictures of her:


 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Halley said...

What a beautiful way to remember such a sweet spirit of God. Our prayers are with you and your family. She is a beautiful little girl.

Kim said...

That picture of her with her pink shrug and pink scooter is one of my favorites! Sorry you have to go home today! But 3 more months and you'll be in Utah!

TIFF said...

She is certainly the cutest little girl!! She is so blessed to have such an amazing family. Thanks for sharing memories and pictures. Take Care.